Space Heaters Are Efficient
The fan motors are about 80% efficient at turning the fan blades. The 20% of energy that is wasted by the fan motor is given off as heat so it is not lost when we want heat.
Electricity is an Expensive Energy Source
- An over temperature switch or thermostat
- A tip over safety switch
- A competent adult supervisor
- Look for a UL label or CE sticker to show that the design is safe
- There must be guard over the heater elements to keep your Uncle Fester or the kids from getting burned or buy oil filled, mica, or a slate stone unit that gets warm but not too hot to the touch.
- If you put it in the middle of the room, expect someone to trip over the power cord.
If you plug two space heaters into the same circuit, you will blow a fuse.
The result is a room that is very comfortable while saving money on the rest of the house.
Electric space heaters can save you money this winter. Don't be fooled by a sales pitch, all electric space heaters are 95 to 100% efficient. Buy one that you can afford.Click here for electric space heaters
Click here for a free money saving report written by the Energy Boomer titled HOW SAVE MONEY ON YOUR NEXT HEATING BILL