Some folks are in a spring cleaning mode. It is great to get working on our spring “to do list.” Here are a few energy related items for your list.
• Take the cover off the outdoor part of your air conditioner, if you use one.
• Clean all the dead leaves and grass well away from your air conditioner. Make sure there is no wind blown trash blocking the coils.
• You should be able to walk completely around the outdoor part of your central air conditioner without touching any branches on bushes or shrubs. Your Air Conditioner needs to breathe fresh air for it to run at its best efficiency. Trim the bushes back now if needed.
• Clean out the drain hole on your window air conditioner so the water can drain outside.
• If April Showers keep you indoors, change or wash the air filter on your AC and furnace.
• Dust the light bulbs to give more light. This will not save energy but, it will give you a brighter out look on a rainy day.
• While you wash windows, check them for air leaks.
• Clean the coils on the back of your refrigerator.
• Clean your fans and have them ready for action.
Click this link for a SPECIAL REPORT: HOW TO SAVE MONEY ON AIR CONDITIONING
If you enjoyed this post, then click here to subscribe to the Energy Boomer Newsletter.