Some of my friends have been asking me for gift ideas that will save energy. So here is an energy friendly list of gift ideas:
• Quilts to keep warm on cold nights with out pushing up the thermostat
• Warm socks; hang them by the fireplace to preheat them. If you have been good, you may find more than a lump of coal in them.
• Tire pressure gage, so you can check your tires to keep the miles per gallon up on your car
• A plug in air compressor to pump up those soft tires
• Humidifier to make the house feel warmer
• Lamp timer for those decorative lights
• Low energy LED decorative lights.
• Compact fluorescent lamps to save power and last longer.
• Solar battery charger for cell phones, MP3, PDA, Digital cameras and “batteries not included” toys
• Muscle powered flashlight. There are hand crank and pistol grip squeeze models that need no batteries.
• Hand powered radio for news and weather without plug in power or batteries. Some can charge your cell phone.
If you enjoyed this post, then make sure you subscribe to my RSS Feed or to the ENERGY BOOMER by email.