With Easter just ahead some of my friends have been asking me for springtime gift ideas that will save energy. Ok brain time to think about the energy impact of warm weather gift giving.
Try these ideas:
• Tire pressure gauge, so you can check your tires to keep the miles per gallon up on your ride
• Plug in air compressor to pump up those soft tires, good to pump beach balls and inner tubes.
• Compact Fluorescent Lamps to save power and reduce home air conditioning load
• Energy Star rated electronics and appliances
• Solar battery charger for cell phones, MP3, PDA, Digital cameras and “batteries not included” toys
• Hand crank flashlight. There are hand crank and pistol grip squeeze models that need no batteries.
• Hand crank radio for use at the beach. Some can charge your cell phone.
• Clothes lineClothes line and clothes pins for at solar clothes dryer
• A beach umbrella for cool shade with out air conditioning
• Portable fans use less power than air conditioning
If you enjoyed this post, then make sure you subscribe to my RSS Feed or the ENERGY BOOMER by email.